Follow by Email



All of the cross stitch on my blog is copyrighted, and the designer is listed next to the pic. Please do not ask me to share charts, as I will not do so under any circumstances. All pics of my work and text, unless otherwise stated, are copyrighted by me and cannot be used in any other written or pictorial form without my written consent. Thank you.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Progress piccys and an update on mom (not in that order, lol)

     I know, I've been a bad blogger.  So much has gone on though...  Mom was released from the hospital on Friday last.  She got home, sent Jim and Cathy over to Penn Station (yum, east coast subs) and got a shower.  When she got out, she peed (yes, I am telling you this for a reason) and she had been peeing pink since she was put on the Plavix.  It's a blood thinner, so the doc told her this would probably happen.  Unfortunately, she looked into the bowl and saw several clots.  So, since she tries to be a good patient, she called the doctor.  They said go in to the ER and get herself looked at.  So she had Cathy and Jim take her up to the ER and get looked at.  They put a thick catheter in.  It has two tubes, and she said it was very painful.  They pumped a saline solution through the one tube, and drained her bladder with the other one.  Once they water was coming out clear, they pulled the catheter and sent her back home.  The next morning, they called her at nine o'clock to tell her to come in for a CAT scan.  She hadn't eaten or drank anything yet, so she went in at about ten with  my cousin, Beth, who lives with her.  At about ten thirty, I called, having been up all night worrying about her.  No answer.  And I'm all, "Oh, crap," because where would she go on a Saturday morning, except back to the hospital.  So I checked the ER and they said she wasn't there.  So now I'm freaking out thinking she woke up dead in her bed or something.  (I know, but that's the way I phrase things sometimes.)  So I'm all worried, and finally she calls me back, and I'm all calm, cool, and collected.  "I was starting to worry about you."  She told me about the CAT scan.  So she's feeling better now.  She and I MAY be going to see Wicked, depending on what tickets we can get.  I called her and asked her if she thought she would be up to it for Christmas, and she said check and see what they have.  It's here through the twenty sixth, so we can wait for her to feel better.  We'll probably both pay for our own tickets, as they're pretty expensive.  (Technically, I'll give her hers, and she'll give me mine, lol.)  So we're seeing.  She needs to take it easy for a few days though (my thoughts, not hers), so I'm not looking until a couple of weeks away.  We'll see if we can get seats or not.  I know it's extremely popular, so we may not be able to get seats.  But I"m hopeful that she's feeling interested enough to have me look into it.  That's a good thing.  Of course, I'm still stressed about it, and I'm even madder at my sister.  For a couple of reasons.
     First, I didn't get a call at all Friday.  No she's home, no she had to go back to the ER, so when I finally called, she was back home again.  I'm ticked about that.  My sister was supposed to keep me in the loop, and I expected her to do so.  She acts like I don't matter.  David got an update, of course.  She texted him several times.  Also, when mom was in the hospital on Wed night, she was very upset about my sister staying.  When the nurse came in at about four AM (she got to her room at about ten or ten thirty, I think), the first thing out of my mom's mouth was, "I wish they'd go home."  Nothing about her or her condition.  No, she was stressing about my sister and her husband staying at the hospital.  This really pisses me off, because I TOLD my sister that she didn't want anyone to stay, and that she was staying to make herself feel better instead of because of any care for our mother.  Then, mom dropped this on me on Saturday morning.  I was supposed to dogsit on Saturday night because my brother was going over to Cathy's house, and she's allergic to the dog.  She also doesn't like him.  She tries to put up a good front though.  So I called mom Saturday morning after my brother telling me on Friday he wasn't going.  We had a nice long conversation, during which I said something about no dogsitting.  She asked why, and I said because David said he wasn't going.  And so she told me that when she talked to him Friday night, he said he was going.  So I called him and he told me they (he and his girlfriend Amy) were still going.  I had already been up all night, so I told him I would probably come over soon and sack out in the basement.  He told me he was working in the basement, but I could sack out on the living room couch.  I thought about that, and decided not to.  When I get overtired, I sweat.  It doesn't stink or anything, or my  mom would have told me.  But it is icky.  So I called him back and told him I would sleep at home (I can always throw an extra sheet over the bed and then throw it in the wash), and come over around two or three AM.  
     So I went over to David's about one AM and stayed (and stitched) until about ten AM Sunday morning (Ten AM before I turned the clocks back).  I got home and called mom to check on her.  She was tired and she talked about having a heart attack.  I was a little bit startled, and told her she didn't have one.  She only went into Ventricular Fibrillation, which leads to a heart attack.  She told me the doctor told her Thursday morning that she had a heart attack on the table.  Her heart was silent for eight minutes.  They did CPR and shocked it back.  It happened after they put in the first stent.   IDK why the doc didn't tell us that.  I'm glad he didn't though, or my sister never would have left.  So, geez, it's been a busy weekend.
     Then Sunday was, well, Sunday.  Football day here!!  I don't think I did anything on the net.  I tried for several hours to take a nap (maybe from ten thirty till one thirty), then I got up and watched the Saints beat the Bucs.  Then I watched the Bengals game, which was very exciting.  Heart attack kind of exciting, lol.  I told mom if I suddenly drop out of contact and they find me dead in front of the TV, it will have been from the Bengals game, lol.  We beat Tennessee in pretty good style.  I'm really liking our rookie quarterback.  He's doing a good job for us.  Then I talked to Randi and Julie and Rosa both for a bit.  Then I turned on the Steelers game and watched the first quarter of that.
  I went to bed at nine, and fell asleep pretty quickly.  I had been up twenty hours, so I'm thankful I didn't get manic and not be able to sleep.  I got lots done on Jesus though.  After the Bengals game was over, I put him down though.  I was afraid I was too tired to stitch.  You can see the piccy of his progress here:  
     Then, today, I had some errands to do.  Well, one, actually.  And it was one I was looking forward to.  I had to go to Hobby Lobby to get some floss for my ornies.  I have picked out six to do (I'm sure I won't get them all done before Christmas, but there's always next year, right?!?), and I needed to get floss for them.  I picked out my flosses and checked out.  When I got home, I put the bag on the floor next to my desk, so I would know where it was come Wed.  Then I got the stitch bug.  (I think it's cause I had a new start to make.  I always get excited about those.)  Today was Lust.  For a change, I'm not gridding it.  We'll see how I do stitching cross country this week.  I went flipping through the ninety colors, looking for the first symbol.  There's quite a bit of it on the first page.  I find the bag and it's empty.  And I'm thinking, "Oh, crap, I just went to Hobby Lobby".  So I look at the color number to go back and go through my floss stash, and I was all, "Hot diggity dog!!!"  The floss I needed, I had just bought at Hobby Lobby!!  Whoo hoo!!  Saved myself another trip to the store.  (Of course, it's only three blocks away, but still.  It's the principle of the thing, you know?)
     So I dug it out and started Lust.  I was in a scary movie mood still from Halloween, so I pulled out Halloween:  Season of the Witch (part two of the Halloween series).  I got my bag for Lust (I'm using Ziploc Big Bags in Large), and took it over to my chair.  I know I don't have enough room to give it three inches all around for framing, but I have enough to give it two.  (My framer needs much less, lol.)  I got it all set up (it's already serged, so I just had to measure out two inches and get it on the Q-snap, which I got today).  I got some decent stitches in it watching the movie.  Not much to see, but you can see it here:  
     And then I had to pack up Shore Patrol.  I was unhappy to do so, lol.  My goal for the piece was to get the fox I had started done.  If I hadn't had to frog, I would have.  I also have another one of those color problems.  I looked (carefully) at the pic that came with the kit, and you can't see it in that pic, but...  The foxes are reddish brown with white stomachs and throats, right?!?  Nope, wrong.  The throat area of the fox I'm working on is done in several shades of blue and cream.  And so I'm looking at the pic and back at the project and thinking, "That sure doesn't look right," and deciding whether I want to change it now or wait till later.  Finally, I decided that I'd wait till the whole thing is done, and then I'll decide what to do with it.  Cause sometimes, you get done, and it looks different.  So we'll have to wait and see.  I should finish this one around twenty fifty at the ripe old age of seventy nine.  If I can just speed up my stitching, lol.  Anyways, progress can be seen here:  
I did do some other stuff when I realized I wasn't gonna get the fox done.  I did some of the snow under his feet, and all of the snow at the top of his tail.  I figured since I had the blue out anyways...  Well, you get the idea.
     So my SALs both start this week, and I'm excited about them.  ToS starts on Tuesday, and the Christmas SAL (I made it all things Christmas instead of just ornies for someone who wanted to join in but had a larger piece) starts on Wed.  I'm gonna be writing to everyone who wants to participate tonight to set out the particulars.  Hopefully, I'll be able to write two emails, and then copy and paste to the other participants.  Also, if anyone else wants to join in, leave me a comment on this post and you can join us!!
     Lastly, there has been a huge outpouring of love and prayer for mom and me this week.  It has been amazing to know you all are there for me (and for her) if you're needed.  I appreciate every good though, prayer, and healing impulse sent our way, and I think you're all amazing for helping out!!  So I want to take a moment to say a huge thanks to everyone who contributed, whether you left a comment about it or not.  My Blogger and Multiply friends are AWESOME!!!!!


Rachel said...

I am glad to know that your mom is feeling a little better. I am still praying for her, and you. I really hope that things start looking up.

Your Jesus progress looks great! And a new start, how exciting. I can't wait to see updates on Lust. The little fox is cute!

I will be sending you an email as soon as I get my little guy on the bus. :)

Claudette497 said...

I'm happy your mom is feeling better and out of the hospital, and glad you were able to get some rest. I wish our quarterback was looking as good as your quarterback, lol.

Barb said...

Glad your mom is doing better. Your Jesus Picture is looking great. Can't wait to see more progress on that.

Mouse said...

cooo am exhausted just reading that .. glad to hear your mum is feeling better .. sorry your sister is being a wee bit of a pain .. is she older than you ??? good luck with your sals will be following peeps progress and great progress on your stitching too I can recognise Jesus now :) love mouse xxx

♥ Nia said...

I hope your Mom will be 100% well very soon!! All this will be a memory passed.
Can't wait to see Lust grow!! :)

Carmen said...

I am glad to know that your mom is feeling a better. And Good luck with the SAL's.

Charity C. said...

Glad to know that your mom is doing better! I think your progress on Jesus is outstanding! Great job! I hope you have a great week!

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Rachel. It doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon, sigh... I'll have to go check my email soon!!! LOL, Claudette, we've only had that one good year lately, so we deserve to have a good qb. For a rookie, he's doing great. I'm glad too. It's been a real mess!!! But things seem to be settling down now, so hopefully we won't have any more big shocks. Thanks Barb. I'm not very fond of him, but I want to get him done for mom's Christmas pressie this year. Sorry Mouse. Didn't mean to wear you out, lol. Thanks. She's actually seven years younger than I am. Thanks, I love your comments so follow as much as you want!!! Thanks Nia. I can't wait either. I love to watch my projects grow. And I'll be happy when she's at 100%!! (I'm ready for that right now, lol.) Thanks Doris. Thanks Charity. I think part of it is I only put in like forty stitches last week, so I didn't bother to take a photo. But still, I got a lot done!! Here's hoping we both have a great week!!

Joysze said...

Glad to hear your mom is better, Julie. Love seeing pics in your blog post.... :D

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Joysze. (I'm happier now that I can move them around, lol.)