I have a finish, whoo hoo!!!! This is the first one since March of last year. Almost a year, isn't that sad!!! (That's what happens when you have twenty projects in rotation. You hardly ever finish anything, and then you finish a bunch of things at once. Jesus is almost finished too. Yay!!!) So I finished Tree of Stitches, by Abi Gurden. It was a lovely project to work on, and the last few parts just flew by. I did two parts last week on Tuesday and two parts this week. I love the way it turned out. For the curious, I used DMC 125 (green variegate) on the leaves and the stems of the flowers. I used GAST Dark Chocolate for the trunk, branch, and owl. For the flowers, I used GAST Hibiscus for the petals and Lemon Drops for the centers (both gifts, thanks Dawn). And the bunny is done in DMC 318. I think it turned out beautifully, and I love it. Thanks again, so much, Abi, for a wonderful design.
I also worked some extra on Jesus this week. I had this thing... I was gonna put him aside, intending to go back to him on Sunday.
But then I didn't get back to him. So I went to put it aside (I keep him next to my chair, down on the side, so he's not in my way), and the needle wasn't threaded. That's a recipe for disaster, when I find the lost needle with my foot, so I had to thread it. Then, so that YD didn't pull the threaded needle out of it and play with the floss, I started it so it was attached. Then, since I was working on it anyways, I figured I'd put in some stitches on him, even though it was Monday. So he's doing really well. I have finished the full stitches on the bottom left, and finished all the full and half stitches on the bottom right. I'm going to do the top left corner next, and then the half stitches between the two. Then I have the top right corner to do and about twenty stitches in his face, and he's finished!!! His hair is done, his neck is done, his cloak is done. Whoo hoo!! Oh, and I almost forgot to say, I'm not doing the aura around his face. I don't like the color against the fabby. The fabby is sort of an orangey brown and the color of the floss is sort of a tany brown. Yuck!! It just looks bad to my eye. So I've decided not to do it, and my mom is okay with that. Soon, and he'll be finished too. (I'm debating if I should work on him or on In Her Garden later tonight. If I work on him, he'll be done even sooner, whoo hoo!!) So there his is in all his almost glory, lol.
And I've gotten a lot done on my rotation piece for this week. Friday I didn't get much done, but Saturday and Monday were good stitchy days.
I'm working on In Her Garden, and there is a LOT of the color I'm working on in this page. Maybe one fourth of the stitches on the page? It's a PITA though. The floss wants to fray and break. It's Dimensions floss, and I've never had this problem with their floss before, so IDK what's wrong with it. A bad batch, maybe? I've been treating it with my Thread Heaven, and that helps some. But it still wants to leave stuff all over. So I've had some problems, and I'm now loop starting, yay. I'm using four strands, so I can loop start them if I'm careful about catching both strands. The colors are black and very dark green. At first, I was using four strands, and lariat starting. But when I started having trouble, I decided to cut them in half. Then, it occurred to me (before the first cut thankfully) that if I needed four strands, shorter, I could use one strand of each and loop start it. Yes!!! I was very happy about it. It's working, so far. I wasted almost one whole set of four strands before I started shortening them, but it's helping, so it's all good.
And last but certainly not least, is a piccy of Yes Dear telling me to hurry up and take the darned piccy. She was irritated cause I kept trying for a good shot, and couldn't get one. So here she is!!
|Hurry up Mom!!!!!! Take the darned piccy already!|