The stamens are yellow, the flower is purple, the leaves are green, and the background is a white and orange streaked glass. It's lovely. (Forgive the light bulb you can see through the glass. It was the only way to get a good piccy.) Anyways, I love it!!! Absolutely gorgeous, Beth. Thanks so much (she doesn't usually read my blog, but she has the addy if she wanted to). Ooooooh, the piccy turned out really good. It was hard to tell on the teeny camera screen. Isn't it beautiful!!!
And now, on to IHSW. I had a pretty good one. I had to frog a few stitches, but not more than fifty or seventy five or so. (That's not much after having to frog Jesus's whole face and neck that one time.) I had put something in the wrong place, but it was easy to fix, and I caught it fairly early. I was working on In Her Garden, and doing all half stitches. So I really got a lot done.
I didn't much like the color though. It was a blend of very dark green and black. On the plus side, working with half the length really helped with the fraying issue, so I don't think I need the threads replaced, which is a good thing. Yay. I didn't really have a goal on this one as there was no clearly defined area to do. Three quarters of the page is that color, so it was hard to figure out a goal. The cream with pink flowers that you see is her shawl, looped around her back. She's standing facing away from you, with her face turned in profile. I got a goodly amount done, and so I'm happy with that. Other than the floss problems, she was easy to work on and didn't give me much trouble other than that one small frog. (Thanks again to Meg for the project!!)
I also worked on Jesus. He's getting so close to being finished. I can hardly wait. I did his shading again Sunday. I got a lot accomplished too.
I was working on the left side shading, above his head and down to the half stitches that connect the top and bottom. I'm happy with my progress on him, but I need to finish up his face soon. There are about thirty odd stitches here and there that need to be done. (One of them is, I think, beard, but I'm not sure.) So I need to do some of them next time. And then I need to do the rest of the half stitches here, and do the top right corner and he's finished! Boy, will I be happy dancing then!!
And this is not IHSW, cause I do it on Wed, but I'm posting ALL my progress. This is my ornie so far. I worked a lot of the cabin this time.
Last time I had the first few rows, maybe five. Now I have almost all of it done, whoo hoo!! It didn't hurt my hand terribly badly, so maybe I'm getting used to it a little bit. So overall I'm pleased with everything I did. It's all looking good, IMO, and I got a lot of progress in on everything. Also, it feels weird to not have an update on Tree of Stitches this time. This is the first time in IDK how long that I haven't.
I'm excited to start my new projects. I can't remember if I've mentioned them before, so I'll mention them again. I'm getting ready to start Beach Romance (Janlynn), Noah's Sub (Stoney Creek), and Time To Go (Witch Stitch'n'Bits). Not anytime soon, but I'm planning for these starts. April first is the start date. Here they are:
They are, in order, Beach Romance, Noah's Sub, and Time to Go. I'm sure you could have figured that out on your own, but I am Queen of Stating the Obvious. Beach Romance is for my sister in law and brother, Noah's Sub is a SAL with Julie and Rosa, and Time to Go is for my friend Freak. I'm also going to be doing a Wedding Sampler for Rosa eventually, so we'll see how that goes. I think when Beach Romance is done, maybe. Depending on how long it takes me. Anyways, I hope you've all had a great day, and have a good night. Sleep well, my friends!!