Pages

Followers

Copyright

All of the cross stitch on my blog is copyrighted, and the designer is listed next to the pic. Please do not ask me to share charts, as I will not do so under any circumstances. All pics of my work and text, unless otherwise stated, are copyrighted by me and cannot be used in any other written or pictorial form without my written consent. Thank you.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Jesus is toast

     I worked some on Jesus today, as I worked for so long on Bubbles yesterday.  I've decided he's toast.  The fabby is still irritating me, and now I have frogging problems again.  His face is just a mess.  I'll do his face first this next time, so it's not messed up.  I'm off by one row both horizontally and vertically.  (Vicki said, "Sounds slightly Picasso!!")  IDK how he got so messed up, but he's done.  Totally FUBAR.  I just ordered a new piece of fabby from Picture This Plus (Chalice, how appropriate is that, lol) and really, she's worth it, and the fabby can't possibly be any worse, right?!?  I got lugana, which I really like and it should be here in a few days.  It's a little bit bigger than the other piece, but hey, as long as it's not smaller, it doesn't matter.  I'm thinking I'll have my brother throw Jesus in the fire pit.  You're supposed to burn holy things when you replace them, so it seems appropriate.  It's not blessed or anything, but it IS Jesus.  I just can't make myself throw him in the trash.  So it's all good.  You can see a pic here of what he looks like before being burned in effigy.  Wish me luck with the replacement fabby, and here's hoping for Christmas!!!

14 comments:

Gabi said...

Sorry to hear that this project is not working out for you. The title itself made me sit here for a moment with a big question mark above my head. Until I realized that you're talking about your former WIP - now UFO aka toast....LOL

SoCal Debbie said...

That's such a shame! It looks like it's almost finished! I would never want to start over again. But you'll like stitching on the new fabby.

Sally said...

Oh Julie what a shame as you'd got so much done.

mdgtjulie said...

It's really all my fault. I just can't seem to get things in the right place on him. It's awful!!! LOL, sorry Gabi. I tend to just call him Jesus, and I've said some very uncomplimentary things about him over the years. He's horrible. I just can't seem to get him together. And I'm tired of frogging him, and I'm tired of the awful material... Toast, lol. I hope so Debbie. It can't possibly be any worse than the fabby he's on!! It will be a relief to start him over. I've decided (after having multiple, multiple problems with his face) to do his face first on the new fabby, and then work my way out. Eh, I've known for several weeks that it's coming Sally. I just can't fudge enough to make him look right, I don't think. There is so much wrong, and I'm tired of frogging him over and over and not being able to find the mistake. I'm tired of the awful fabby. I'm just tired, lol. So I'll start fresh and hopefully that will help me get it right.

Tama said...

Ouch! Must be hard to let so much work go, but when it's no good, it's just no good.
Best of luck with your next try!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Sometimes a fresh start is just what we need....sorry you put so much work into this and still had problems....hoping the new try is just what you need.

Kathy Ellen said...

So sorry about the frustration you must have been feeling about your piece. I think that we all know just how annoyed you must have felt. Praying that your new attempt to put things right will be beautifully successful and satisfying.

Blessings!

EvalinaMaria said...

I can't believe it! We have problem with the same Jesus! I bought mine on ebay and it came with instructions in Chineese. Regardles, I started stitching... until I've got to the face... mine is toasted too!!! I bought another kit (in English this time) and he is on my list "to cross stitch" in the near future. Whenever you decide to stitch him ove, please let me know. It will be much easier to do it as SAL.

Joysze said...

Oh dear.... Sorry to hear He has to be redone, Julie. :( Looking forward to seeing Him on Chalice. :D

Jackie's Stitches said...

Ouch, that really must hurt! I can't imagine being that far into something and starting over.

My Mother In Law From Hell said...

hello i am new to all this but what is frogging?

mdgtjulie said...

Absolutely right, Tama. And Jesus is just no good!! I can't figure out how I've managed to mess him up so darned badly!! Thanks Prim, me too. I'm wishing for no frogs at all, lol (fat chance). Thanks Kathy. It was driving me crazy, and now I'm at peace, so it's all good, lol. I'll be starting as soon as I get my material, Evalina. I'm waiting for them to charge my account (they may have done so today, I haven't looked) and I'll be restarting him the Sunday after I get the fabby. I've decided that since his face is all FUBAR, I'm gonna do that first, before I can mess it up. Then I'll go ahead and do the hair and cloak and stuff. If you want to join me, you're more than welcome to. I'm SALing it in two groups as it is: Chocohalic Cross Stitchers and 2muchXS on yahoo. Feel free to join one, or both, and join the SAL. Both are on Sundays. 2muchXS is a UFO SAL, and Chocohalic Cross Stitchers is a Holy SAL. I would love to have you join me. Or you can just stitch along with me, and show progress on your blog! Thanks Joysze. I can't wait to see the fabby irl. I hope it looks the same as it did in cyberspace! It's just been driving me crazy. Stupid, frog infested material. But it's all right, Jackie. I feel much better knowing I'm gonna start it over and do it right this time, so I'm happy about the whole thing. (Well, not about the cost of the hand dyed fabby, but you know how it is, lol.) It's a stitching term, lol. It's when your rip out the stitches you've already put in because they're in the wrong place. Because rip it, rip it, sounds like ribbet, ribbet. I don't know who came up with it, but it's pretty much accepted terminology now!! Welcome to my blog, btw.

Vickie said...

That is terrible that you made that much progress and now you have to toss it! I feel so bad for you!!!

mdgtjulie said...

Don't feel bad about it. Honestly, I don't. I'm so looking forward to a fresh start. He's been stressing me for soooooooo long!!!!