Pages

Followers

Copyright

All of the cross stitch on my blog is copyrighted, and the designer is listed next to the pic. Please do not ask me to share charts, as I will not do so under any circumstances. All pics of my work and text, unless otherwise stated, are copyrighted by me and cannot be used in any other written or pictorial form without my written consent. Thank you.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Epic Fail


     Well, I went over to David's house yesterday, to help introduce Amy's cats to David's dog.  When I say epic fail, I really mean it.  It was a total no go.  We took the dog downstairs, on his leash.  He knew there was something in there, but he didn't know what.  He can see a little bit through the cat door, but not much.  Amy opened the laundry room door, where we temporarily had them cooped up, and called them to come out.  Reese hissed and hid from me (and that's NEVER happened to me before.  Usually animals love me), and Butters stood in the doorway uncertainly.  Of course, I can't blame them.  The dog was beside himself with excitement.  He was wiggling and drooling and blowing spit bubbles and vocalizing and he's huge compared to them...  Sixty pounds of excited boxer isn't exactly reassuring to a cat, ya know.  Butters stood there for a few minutes, then he disappeared into the laundry room too.  Vin got so worked up when he couldn't see them, that David finally said close the door and put something in front of it so he can't see in.  We'll try again later.  David and Amy are going on vacation in January sometime, so I'll be dog and cat sitting.  I'll have to feed them all and sit and play with/pet them.  It will be interesting.  Hopefully, they'll at least tolerate being in each other's presence by that time.  We shall see though.
     After we finished with our epic fail, David went out in the garage to work, and Amy and I were sitting inside.  And I asked her if she wanted to look at wedding samplers.  She, unfortunately, likes simple and no frou frou, so the L & L ones were out.  (I really love both The Wedding and The Bride.  I would love to do them for someone, but I don't really have anyone to do them for.)  Anyways, she was browsing the site at 123stitch.com, and found the perfect one.  It's called Beach Romance, and it says, " Once in awhile, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."  Amy and I both thought that was beautiful.  David came in, and she gestured him over to see it.  The conversation went like this:
Me:  This is the wedding sampler Amy picked out.
Amy:  I was just gonna close up, but Julie thought you should look at it.
Dave:  Is that the ocean?
Amy:  Yes.
Dave:  Okay.
Amy:  Did you read the words?
Dave:  No
Amy reads words.
Dave:  I don't believe in fairy tales.
     I was like, "REALLY???"  I mean, that's awful.  He doesn't have a romantic bone in his body, lol.  So I told her when Jesus is done, I'll get the supplies together (trying for hand dyed fabby) and get working on it.  If you want to see it, it's on 123stitch.com here.  I think it's very pretty.  I was thinking of getting a nice ice blue fabby to do it on.  Or maybe a variegated blue...  Either would be pretty.  I need to go look at hand dyed fabbies.
     Danni said something funny to me the other day.  She was telling me her plans for her rotation this year, and mentioned that she needed help deciding on her large project.  She had it down to Fred, Monopoly, and an Advent calendar.  I, of course, said, "Fred, because I have him in my rotation too.  But you'll likely finish him before me."  She said she wouldn't be too sure of that, and I said I would only work on Fred about two weeks a year, so I was sure of it.  When she asked me why two weeks, I explained my rotation to her.  Twenty projects at a week at a time equals 2.6 weeks per year per project.  (Yes, I will eventually get something done.  Maybe multiple things.)  And she said, "Wow... You just made my rotation sound manageable," lol.  That just cracked me up.  I thought it was hilarious.  Too funny, Danni, thanks for the laugh. 
     I have to frog Marguerite because my border doesn't meet up.  It's off by one thread.  IDK where it's off, I need to look it over tonight and see what's wrong with it.  I"m hoping it's either very near the end or very near the beginning.  Either could be frogged easily.  I'm thinking with my luck, it's gonna be smack in the middle.  Ugh!!  Wish me luck.  I'll post before and after piccys.
     Happy New Year!!!  It's just past midnight now, and I hope you're all having a wonderful time.  I wish you all the best year ever for 2012!!!
     I'm supposed to go over to mom's house tomorrow.  She's having lunch for me and Jim and Cathy and David and Amy and Joanne and Stan (Amy's parents).  Unfortunately, I didn't get up till seven tonight, so I don't know if I'll be able to get up for the luncheon.  I'm hoping, but who knows.  I think I'm gonna take a couple of sleeping pills and go to bed around three.  Wish me luck again, lol.  I have nothing planned for tonight besides looking over Marguerite, and doing emails, and maybe playing a round in the Tomb of the Black Dragon.  (Yes, there is a black dragon.  He's horrible to kill.  His name is Oread, and I hate him.)  Wishing you all a happy night, and a safe celebration!!

3 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Happy New Year, Julie and Yes Dear - lovely choice of wedding sampler. I love it.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

cucki said...

happy new year deary xx

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Kaye. I love it too. And I hope you had a happy holiday. Thanks Cucki, and right back atcha!!