Pages

Followers

Copyright

All of the cross stitch on my blog is copyrighted, and the designer is listed next to the pic. Please do not ask me to share charts, as I will not do so under any circumstances. All pics of my work and text, unless otherwise stated, are copyrighted by me and cannot be used in any other written or pictorial form without my written consent. Thank you.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blog Hop: The Stitching blahs

     Have I ever had the blahs when it comes to stitching?  That's the question posed by Stitching the Night Away.  And boy have I ever!!!  Here's the exact quote:


Have you ever had a case of the “stitching blahs” where you just didn’t want to stitch? Or maybe it was more like you didn’t get to stitch because you were busy and that created a chain reaction sense of the “blahs” and led to even less stitching…. sort of like a case of “the Mondays” that we are all familiar with. How do you handle your stitching blahs and get back into stitching mode?


Of course, I've had the blahs.  I think we probably all have.  And I'd bet we all try the same things to get back into the swing of things.  For me, my blahs lasted a little over a year.  It was awful.  I knew I should want to stitch, but I just didn't care enough to get out the needle and thread.  My commitment were hard to meet, and I didn't dare sign up for anything because I just wasn't feeling it.  Finally, I put away all the projects I had in progress, and started something new.  Shopping helps me too, if I feel the blahs coming on.  A new chart, even if I'm not starting it anytime soon, makes me want to stitch.  Having a rotation helps.  I used to be a one at a time girl, till I found the internet.  Therein lay my downfall, lol.  I now have twenty projects in my rotation, and four SALs going on.  It's just crazy!!!  I've found the rotation keeps me interested in what I'm doing.  I can switch projects every two weeks, and it's something new and different.  Each project has a feel to it.  Most of them are difficult.  Actually, the one thing in my rotation that's not difficult was a gift to me from a friend, lol.  I love challenging stitching.  Fractionals, confetti, blends, metallics, specialty stitches, and things of that nature thrill me.  It keeps me engaged and working when I would otherwise get bored.  And having the "feel" of the project change every two weeks is helpful, too.  Sometimes, I just force myself to pick it up and say, "I'm only gonna do a little."  I'm usually still going at it an hour later!!  There are lots of ways to combat the blahs.  And whatever works for you is the right thing!!


Visit all the blogs in this round of the Stitching the Night Away Stitching Blogger Blog Hop:
Find the instructions on how to participate in this round by clicking here

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the stitching blahs for months now. It started in October and I just started doing the back-stitching on my bear. I'm starting to be like you though. I think its cause I was done with one and wanted to start another but stopped myself due to the back-stitch. Well I opened my new project and gonna start soon along with finishing my bear, IF they send me the rest of the colors I need!!

mdgtjulie said...

I hope you get the colors you need, Sunshine. And I can't wait to see the bear finished. He's so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

mdgtjulie said...

You're welcome. I so enjoyed watching your pics progress.

DUSTY said...

Been there done that many times Julie. If only each day had 48 hours !! LOL 24 for stitching and 24 for everything else. LOL

mdgtjulie said...

Yeah, that would be really nice, Dusty. I would love to have more time in the day.

Vickie said...

I get the blahs and then I read! Sooner or later I go back to stitching.