Pages

Followers

Copyright

All of the cross stitch on my blog is copyrighted, and the designer is listed next to the pic. Please do not ask me to share charts, as I will not do so under any circumstances. All pics of my work and text, unless otherwise stated, are copyrighted by me and cannot be used in any other written or pictorial form without my written consent. Thank you.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Christmas (late)


     I guess I'd better hurry up and post this, before it's not Christmas anymore.  I had a good day today, in large part because my sister and her DH were not at my brother's house for Christmas.  So I didn't have to deal with them today.  Lucky me!!!  I had a really tough time falling asleep last night.  I kept getting up and laying back down.  I was up till eight thirty this morning, then got up again at about ten thirty.  So less than two hours of sleep by the time I fell asleep.  Then I took a forty minute nap before the football game tonight.
     I got some cool pressies (no piccys yet, but tomorrow or the next day, I promise).  I got an Arch Card (McDonald's gift card) from my cousin Beth as well as a Bengals ornie.  I love it.  I can't wait to hang it.  It's going in the archway between the living room and the kitchen.  (Somewhere Yes Dear can't knock it down, lol.)  Then my brother gave me some cash for groceries and a Larosa's Gift Card.  Larosa's is a local pizzeria, and they have a lot of fabulous menu choices.  Cathy and Jim IDK yet.  Um...  Mom.  Mom got the cutest little cat toys for Yes Dear.  She got a purple spider with legs made out of blue ribbon.  Then she got a green bird with bells for feet and real tail feathers.  She loves them both, of course.  Then she gave me twenty bucks, two shirts (piccys to come), and a pair of jeans.  Neither of the shirts were Bengals, and I was disappointed in that.  The one I'm not sure I'll wear.  The other is fabulous, and I have it on right now.  It's all shades of pink and purple.  FAB-U-LOUS!!!!  I love it!  She was shocked to get Jesus.  She was thrilled that he's almost finished though, so that's a good thing.  I have a lot more to go for easy stuff, and some confetti type stitching too.  I thought I'd alternate.  There is a sort of aura around his face that's nothing but straight rows out from his profile.  That will be easy.  And the corners are all done the same way.  It's one over two on twenty eight count, so it's kind of a shadow effect.  Hopefully soon, in the next few weeks, I'll have a finish.  I didn't work on him much today.  I worked on him all week this week in a final push for progress.  So I'm quite tired of him.  He's not a project I enjoy doing and if he wasn't for mom, I would have said the heck with it a long time ago.
     When I got up from my nap, I talked to Randi and Julie.  While I was talking, I was spending.  I bought some new charts from a new shop Julie found.  I love it.  It has some Wiccan things and some Gothic things (some of which are amazing) that I just love. 

 I have a long list of charts I need to get from there.  Today, I only got seven of them.  They're large charts and two fifty four apiece.  I love the first one.  It's called Last Rites.  
Following (in order) are:  Dawn Haze, Angel 2, Love Hurts, Time To Go (which I want to do for Freak), The Gatekeeper and Enchanted Web (a gift for Julie M.).  I think they're all smashing designs.


  




































































     Gorgeous designs, aren't they???  I love the charts on this site, and am still wanting to get another 22 charts.  They're a little darker than HAED in most cases, and I like that.  My mom has always said I'm morbid, lol.  Or macabre may be a better word.  I'm just weird!!!!  So let me know what you think of my charts.  I want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Don't worry about offending me.  Everyone already knows I'm crazy  :)
     I spent seventeen dollars and change and am considering buying some money for my game with some of the rest.  (I need money for my character to get his wings!  Next level I get the quest for them, and I'm so excited.)  The rest is going on groceries.  I'm craving a pot roast for this week sometime.  It's all Randi's fault, lol.  Her mom made one and she was making sandwiches of the leftovers.  I was all, hmmmm...  So I'll be having pot roast at some time during the next week.  And maybe chicken casserole too, if I pick up the chicken and broccoli and cheese at the grocery.  Yummy!!!  So I'll go to the store tomorrow, and I should be all set soon.  Plus Julie M has me wanting meatloaf.  
     I'm still behind on emails and falling further behind with every day.  It's getting ugly out there.  I'm bouncing again, and for now, I'm letting myself bounce.  Hopefully, that will help me to get caught up.  Hopefully!!  Anyways, I'm gonna be starting a new project tomorrow (Marguerite) and I'm all excited to get at those super easy to do Kloster blocks.  They go so quick, I'll be having lots of it done before I know it.  Now that Christmas is over and the secret is out, I'm going back to Jesus on Sunday and Thursday, ToS on Tuesday, and ornies on Wed.  May as well get some ornies done.  I told Rosa the other day, I want her to pick out an ornie for me to do for her.  Obviously, it's not done by Christmas, but I don't think she'll mind waiting.
     Happy Christmas to all of you, and especially to those who sent me a Christmas card.  I only sent out ten this year (cause that was all I had).  I need to pick up some more cards at the post Christmas sale.  Special thanks to Tama, who sent me a lovely card that I just received today.  It's beautiful.  And thanks to the lovely ladies in the Krafters Korner Christmas Card Exchange.  I love all my cards.  They make me feel loved and a part of something bigger than just my friends.  So happy Christmas to you all.  I've gone over by about thirty five minutes, but I'm sure you'll all forgive me.  (Mouse, aren't I cheeky!!)  All my love to my blogger and groups friends, and I wish you the Lord's best blessings for this holiday and in the new year.  May it be a bright one for all of us.
     Edit:  Sorry, ladies, I forgot to post the link to the site where the lovely charts are.  My bad.  You can go here.  Enjoy!!

12 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Those are incredible charts! Why didn't you post a link to the website to share? My favorite is Love Hurts with the huge white wings.

Kaisievic said...

Hi Julie,
Merry Christmas to you and Yes Dear, it sounds like you had a lovely christmas. I agree with Debbie - please tell us the name of the website. They are all fabulous designs ( you have great taste) - my favourite is The Gatekeeper - sensational!

Are we still going to continue with our Ornie SAL on Wednesday nights? - I would like to, if you would. I plan to be really organised for Christmas 2012!

Hugs Kaye xoxox

Mouse said...

oooo glad you had a lovely time :) will forgive you ... for being cheeky ..lol and love your new designs especially dawn haze :) looking forward to seeing all your progresses and wishing you a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

cucki said...

merry christmas to you too dear..glad you had a fun time..lovely charts..happy stitching now with them all.
love cucki xx

mdgtjulie said...

Sorry ladies. I have edited the blog entry to show the link, but you can go here: http://www.store.xstitchgirls.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1 Julie M. actually found the site for me, and I love it too. It's awesome. Hi Kaye. I had planned on continuing the SAL. I'm game if you are, lol. Thanks Mouse!! I was hoping you would. And I'm wishing you the same! Thanks Cucki. Happy stitching to you too!!

Tama said...

Oh, that sounds like a nice Christmas. Glad you mum liked Jesus (that sounds odd, but you know what I mena, lol!)
Love your new acquisitions! I had to go check that site out - bought three and found a lot more that I want!
Merry Christmas to you and miss Yes Dear!

EvalinaMaria said...

All looks and sounds lovely! May the 2012 be the best year ever!

mdgtjulie said...

Yeah, I'm an enabler extraordinaire, lol. Glad you found some cool things Tama. And I'm glad she liked him too. I can't wait till he's done and I don't have to work on him any more!!!

Joysze said...

Reading about your pizzeria is making me crave pizza.... hmmm... maybe we'll have that for dinner. ;)

Charts look great. Any idea which one you'll stitch first?

mdgtjulie said...

Last Rites is slotted to go where my ornies were when I finish them, Joyce. If I can afford to kit it up!! After that, no idea... I had a hoagy for dinner tonight. It was delicious. Two steak patties with Italian dressing, lettuce, tomato, pickle, green peppers, and banana peppers. Yummy!!!

Julie said...

I love my chart! I can't wait to get her and the threads and fabby to start her. =) I do really like the Angel 2 as well - her wings are amazing.

mdgtjulie said...

I love your chart too, Julie. She's lovely. I hope you enjoy her!!