Follow by Email



All of the cross stitch on my blog is copyrighted, and the designer is listed next to the pic. Please do not ask me to share charts, as I will not do so under any circumstances. All pics of my work and text, unless otherwise stated, are copyrighted by me and cannot be used in any other written or pictorial form without my written consent. Thank you.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011


     Well, I'm still up.  It's a little bit after eight am here, and I can't sleep.  I've been trying for hours.  On days like this, I want to overdose on my sleeping meds.  I only don't because that makes me hallucinate!!  So I guess I'll tell you what I've been up to instead of sleeping.  (Lots of eye candy in this post too.)
     I had trouble sleeping on Thursday night too, and didn't fall asleep till about seven thirty.  Then on Friday, when I was still up at eight, I got up.  Figured I wasn't gonna sleep anytime soon, because I was ticked that I couldn't sleep.  So I was up till about two that day.  Slept till about eleven that night (I know because I just had time to call mom when I woke up) and then was up all night.  Was up all night Friday/Saturday night, and went to sleep around eight o'clock on Saturday night.  Got up around one Sunday, and watched all three games.  Bengals played very poorly (and lost), so I was not in any way a happy camper.  They just had an off day for everyone.  It was terrible.  I did get a lot done on Jesus though.  I watched the Green Bay New York game at four fifteen.  It was really good.  I was rooting for both teams to play well, but wanted Green Bay to win to keep the streak alive.  (They're eleven and oh so far this year.  Could be perfect.)  Both teams played well.  There was a lot of passing, so it was a pretty game to watch.  GB won, yay!  Then, at eight thirty, the Saints took on the Lions.  It also was a good game, and the Saints won which made me happy.  I guess two out of three ain't bad, but I was still ticked off about our bad play.  I sure wouldn't want to be in the locker room this week!!!  Anyways, progress piccy of Jesus.  I worked extra on him on Saturday.  I met my goal for Fred, so I figured I would get some done on Jesus.  He's here.  
It looks like I got a huge amount done, but I worked on him on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday, so it's not like I got it all done in one day.  I don't think I'll finish him up for Christmas, but we'll see.
     Next up is Fred.  As I mentioned in my last blog (I think), I got a lot done on Fred while I was dog sitting for David.  Vin is such a good dog that I never have any trouble out of him.  So I get a lot of stitching done.  My goal was to get done the shelf between his front legs and back legs, and at least two of the books on that shelf.  I did manage to meet my goal, which made me very happy.  I haven't been taking into account that I'm working four days per week on SAL stuff, so I don't have as many rotation days as I used to.  I was still setting goals for having six days a week to devote to my pieces and that just doesnt' work for me now that I don't have as much time to work on things.  Fred went very well.  I don't think I had to frog anything on him at all (which is a miracle).  You can see him here. 
There's gonna be a heart on that book eventually, when the bsing is done.  The bigger book, I mean.  I had a really hard time with that color on Friday night.  It just sort of blended right into the green.  Like working white on white or black on black.  PITA!!!  It was much better in the natural light Saturday morning.  It was much easier to see what I was doing.  (One good thing I can say about morning is that the light is much better than lamplight.)  So I'm happy with my progress on him.  When I took the final piccy of Fred, I had just gotten Queen of Peace out, so I figured I'd take a piccy of it where I left off for you.  It's here.
  Of course, the first thing I had to do was frog it.  And then I frogged the wrong color, of course.  I only pulled out about four rows though, so it wasn't too bad.  The problem was in a previous color, and I've fixed that.  Of course, now the color previous to that color is off and needs to be fixed.  (After that, there are no other colors, so I'm good.  And the area that needs to be fixed is quite small, so it's all good.)  Anyways, I got quite a bit done on it last night (this morning) and am pleased with my progress so far.  I just LOVE switching projects.  It makes me happy to have something new and different to work on.  I was only stitching about an hour a day when I was working on DGM exclusively.  I had so many things I wanted to start, and so many things calling my name, and I was bored with DGM so I wasn't working on it much.  Now, unfortunately for my emails, I'm putting in about three or four hours a night.  It's great!!
     Randi is doing better now.  She's really turned into a good friend.  She's often impatient with me (I can be annoying), but we've been sort of working out a schedule.  She's been up earlier in the day lately, but since I like the peace of the night, I don't mind that so much.  I LOVE to sit in my stitching chair at three am listening to music on Pandora and stitching.  It's so peaceful outside (something that NEVER happens during the day as I live close to a busy street), the quiet just wraps around me and soothes me.  It's wonderful.  So instead of talking on the phone all night, I get to play or stitch and enjoy the peace.  It's a beautiful thing.  I didn't realize how much I had missed it till I had it back!
     Julie's been doing all right.  She had a huge fight with her boyfriend a couple of weeks ago, so I was praying for her to not feel bad about some things he said.  She has a show coming up Thursday, and she took a class a few weeks ago, so she has a new technique to do.  She learned net stitch, and the class was called Nothing But Net.  Does anyone else remember those commercials?!?  Too cute!  Anyways, she showed me the finished product on the class page, and I think it's lovely.  I can't wait to see what she's come up with.   
     And, on a more serious note, mom is recovering.  I wanted to take a second to say thanks to all of you who have said a prayer or sent good, healing thoughts her way.  She still refuses to take it easy, but at least she takes rest breaks now.  So that's good.  I really appreciate every comment and every follower right now.  I'm depressed.  This is sort of the first Christmas without dad (he died on the twenty first, and so we were all too shell shocked to realize he was gone and it was Christmas), and it's depressing.  So if you don't mind me asking, please say a prayer for me and my sister and brother that we get through this without any major problems.  TIA!!
     I'm gonna leave you today with a couple of piccys of my little princess being cute.  She's sitting on her scratcher and on her cat tree.  She always sits at the top, so it was unusual for her to sit on a lower "branch" and be pretty.  Without further ado, here she is!!!!
  I know, the pics are kind of blurry, but my camera isn't super sharp.  Macro is on, so I don't think there's anything I can do about it (except take the picture with less zoom, and I wanted them to be close ups!!!) so I'll just live with a tiny bit blurry.  Enjoy, and I hope you all have a super day!!


Claudette497 said...

You're making great progress on all your pieces. It's rough when someone's unemployed, I hope things work out with your friend Julie and her BF - they've been together as long as I've been reading your blog! I love being up in the peaceful night too!

Mouse said...

coooo you have got a lot done haven't you ... and yes dear is gorgeous even if I have to squint a little :) love mouse xxxx

SoCal Debbie said...

Your stitching looks great. Maybe you will get Jesus done in time for Christmas. I also listen to music on the TV as I stitch. YD is adorable. Thanks for sharing the pics!

♥ Nia said...

Good progress!! Keep it going, maybe you'll finish by the end of the year! One more done in 2011 ;)

cucki said...

great progress on all your stitching..looking so good..
happy stitching xx

Sally said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers Julie.

Your WIPs look fantastic!

Joysze said...

WIPs are looking great Julie. I hope you get some sleep soon. Great to hear your mom is recovering nicely.

Lana said...

Your stitching looks wonderful!! I feel so bad! I thought I was following you, as you have left such nice comments in my blog before, and I come to find out you're not even in my googlereader! So I fixed that in a quick smack hurry! So now you have a new stalker...follower...=) I am sorry to hear you are down in the dumps right now! The holidays have often been a time of sadness for me too! ::hugs::

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Claudette. They've been together for eight years now, I think. And thanks for the progress comment too. I'll think of you next time I'm up at night! Awww, thanks Mouse. I think she's gorgeous, but I'm prejudiced. And I have gotten a lot done. I hope so Debbie, but I'm not counting on it. It's going much easier since I started his clothing and hair though, so maybe. I don't have cable, so I listen to Pandora on the computer or watch a movie when I stitch. Except for Sundays when it's football central: All football all day (except for dinner). And I like to show her off, lol. Thanks Nia. Yay!! Thanks Cucki, you too!! Thanks Sally. And thanks, lol. Thanks Joysze. She told me today she's been going without a break since she got up this morning and I said, "Why am I not surprised," and she just laughed at me. Grrrrr..... Don't worry about it Lana. I'm having trouble keeping up with all my blogs too. Too much stitching and too much playing (Two Moons calls), but I'm happy you joined us!!

Kaisievic said...

Hi Julie,

Sorry that I haven't commented on your blog for a while but some weeks I just struggle to keep up with my bloglist! Glad that your mum is recovering well and I hope that you have a good christmas. I will be thinking of you on Christmas Day. How are your JCS ornies going? Mine is going well although taking me a lot longer than I thought it would.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Sharon said...

All those pretties definitely count as stitchy porn! :)
I've been having trouble sleeping lately, as well. Really stinks to be awake all night, fall asleep just as the sun (and everyone else) is waking up and then have to get up and put on a "happy" face all day when you're tail is dragging! :(

I will be praying for you and your family. My dad passed away five years ago and every year when we put the angel on the top of the tree, I cry. (My dad bought the angel right before I was born - I'm a Christmas baby). I don't think I'll ever have a totally tear-free Christmas because I miss my dad so much.
Hang in there, Sweetie. Find solace in the stitching and in knowing that you're being remembered.

mdgtjulie said...

It's all right Kaye. I totally understand. I'm having trouble keeping up with my blogs too. She's doing all right, so it's all good. My ornie didn't do too well this week, but not bad either. I'll have to go look for your piccys too!! LOL, Sharon, does that make me a porn producer?!? I love that, lol. I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping. It's the worst thing for me to deal with. It's awful!! I have said a prayer for you for Christmas. I hope you have a good one too!!!

Carmen said...

Glad that your mum is recovering well..i hope you can sleep without trouble, have a great week.

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Doris. I hope you have a great week too!!