Pages

Followers

Copyright

All of the cross stitch on my blog is copyrighted, and the designer is listed next to the pic. Please do not ask me to share charts, as I will not do so under any circumstances. All pics of my work and text, unless otherwise stated, are copyrighted by me and cannot be used in any other written or pictorial form without my written consent. Thank you.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Progress as Promised

As promised, here are my progress piccys from the weekend, and some of last week. I guess I'll start with the progress piccys from Story Keeper (HAED, Selina Fenech). I did make my goal on it, lucky for me. And it was lucky, lol. I didn't stitch a stitch on it Monday, and I really could have done quite a bit more if I had. Still, I met my goal, and I'm happy with that. I finished up the row of ten by tens I was working, and I think it's looking good. I love the different shades of blue in it. You don't really see them unless you look up close, which my camera doesn't want to do, lol. Still, I like it. I'm stitching it over one on twenty two count with two strands. Now that I'm into it, I'm almost wishing I had used three. It's okay coverage, but not as good as it could be. Still, there are no big gaps, so it's okay. Let me put it this way, it could be better, but I don't dislike it enough to go back and either frog it all or add an extra strand!!! I love this project, and it's really coming along!

Next up is the every lovely Beach Romance (Janlynn). I didn't get a whole lot done on her this week, but I got some done. I worked on the right side of her dress at first. You can see the layers I got done. I did three colors, all shades of blue. I started the one shade last week, then did some other spaces of it. Then did the other two shades. Then I did some more sand. I just love the colors in this, and I think she's looking great.

And lastly, I have a piccy of Noah's Sub. I has an Orca, lol. He's looking so cute. I just need to do a little bit of black on him, and he's done on this page. I still have his tail though. And I also did the tail to the kite. As you can see, it's ugly (yellow). I did use all three shades called for, but since there was one of another shade, almost identical to the yellow I was using. Since there was only one of that color, I DID skip it. I lvoe it though. It's still one of my fave projects. Frost Moon, then Noah's Sub, then Story Keeper. After that, I don't know. Maybe Desert Landscapes? Ah, well... And speaking of Desert Landscapes, that's my rotation project for this week. And I didn't stitch a stitch on Monday. I was trying to sleep from the night before. By the time I decided I wasn't gonna sleep, I was too tired to stitch, which sucked. So now it's Tuesday, and I'm gonna work on Time To Go (Witch Stitch'n'Bits).

And once again, thanks to everyone who left a comment on my last blog, either of them. I appreciate every one of them, and it's always nice to hear what you're thinking. School is starting next month, and I'm so excited about it. Thanks again to Rosey for the idea about using eBay to find good used books. I'll have to check it out!! Now I'm off to stitch, or maybe read. Ta ta, y'all!!

16 comments:

cucki said...

All the wips are so lovely ..
Hugs xxx

Emma/Itzy said...

you have been busy! lovely progress. x

Topcho said...

Oh, all the wips look great! And some special love for the Story keeper! I so love this piece and you're doing the big one. I'm trying my luck with the tiny storykeep version, but had to let it be for a while, because I don't have some colours. I can't wait to see how yours is progressing! :D

Shelleen said...

Great progress pics. Keep up the stitching.

sharine said...

Great stitching!

Jennifer M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer M. said...

Great progress on your projects Julie. They all look great so far.

Jen

Kate said...

Great progress on your wips.
Good luck preparing for school.

Bea said...

You're making great progress on your WIPs - I really like the variety.

Marcy said...

Everything is looking great!

Lana said...

Love seeing all your progress! Gorgeous!!

Julie said...

All growing well.

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Cucki. I think so too. Thanks, Emma, and yes I have! Thanks Topcho. I love it too. I can't wait to see yours. If you want, I'll buy you the floss you need, just let me know. Thanks Shelleen, I sure will, lol. Thanks Sharine. Thanks Jennifer, I appreciate the comment. Thanks Kate, it's been a pretty enjoyable process so far. Thanks Bea. I like the variety too. Keeps me interested and engaged!!! Thanks Marcy, Lana, and Julie. I appreciate all the comments!!

SoCal Debbie said...

Wonderful stitching, Julie! Beach Romance will be lovely, can't wait to see more!

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Debbie. And now that I'm used to the oddities of the fabby, it's an enjoyable stitch. The colors are so pretty too. Thanks Claire. I think I have to go check out your blog!! Appreciate you stopping by!!

Joysze said...

Julie, these look amazing! :D