Pages

Followers

Copyright

All of the cross stitch on my blog is copyrighted, and the designer is listed next to the pic. Please do not ask me to share charts, as I will not do so under any circumstances. All pics of my work and text, unless otherwise stated, are copyrighted by me and cannot be used in any other written or pictorial form without my written consent. Thank you.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Postcard Blog Hop

I finally got my Summer Postcard Blog Hop postcard from Jo of Serendipitous Stitching. Jo had this great idea, and we all jumped on board, lol. She's sending a summery pic (some stitchy, and some additional non stitchy pics too) to everyone who signed up along with a little summer message. I got my postcard today, and I love it. It's from another Julie at Julie's Stitchyknitter Journal. Julie sent me the following pics, along with a nice little message. I'll copy and paste for you!! I love the little bag, Julie. It's awesome!!!! Reminds me of the "beach" on the Ohio River when I was little. It wasn't very big, but it was all sand instead of mud. (Icky mud, lol.) It was right near the dam, and we used to go up a couple of times a year for the day. It was awesome! Thanks for bring back the good memories, Julie. And her message was:

"Dear Friends, I like nothing better than the good old fashioned English seaside. Time to sit back and enjoy the view, listen to the waves crashing on the shore, picnic on the beach and let the children's imagination run riot with bucket and spade. All we need now is some lovely warm sunshine and you'll find me in the deckchair just near the ice cream stand reading my book!
Much love, Julie & family x"

Sounds wonderful, Julie. (I still haven't managed to ever see the ocean except in pictures, so I'm gonna take her word for it that it's awesome. It sounds wonderful!!!!) LOL, her postcard makes me want to find a beach somewhere, and go on vacation!!! Ah, well, we'll see. Maybe someday... Thanks for participating, Julie, and thanks for organizing Jo. It's a great idea, and I'm so excited to have been a participant!!

And just to let y'all know, I'm dogstitting this weekend. I've been going great guns on my rotation project the last couple of days. It's Frost Moon, and it's my fave project in rotation (even when my rotation was twenty, it was my fave). I got in about six hundred stitches yesterday, and about a hundred so far today. Whoo hoo!!! I finished my weekly goal (and more) last night, so I'm really excited about today. I'll probably put in another six hundred or seven hundred stitches later today. (Gotta love Tent Stitch, whoo hoo!!!) I'll have IHSW piccys come Monday. Or Tuesday at the latest. Heck, sometime next week, lol. Hope you're all having a great day and staying cool. Thanks again to everyone who leaves me comments. I love them all, and my blogger friends are an important part of my support system, so keep 'em coming!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

A great idea for a blog hop.
The bag is very sweet!

cucki said...

Aww so nice..
The bag is so pretty xxx

Julie said...

Nice to meet you Julie.
Sounds like you have been stitching up a storm this IHSW.
I love the beach, there is nothing nicer than closing the eyes and listening to the sound of the waves crashing on the shore, a truly magnificent stress buster and a sure way to calm the mind.
I'll be back now I've found your blog to see what else you are up to ....

Kathy Ellen said...

I love the sweet postcard beach bag design. Now, Julie, you really must take yourself to a beach just once this summer:) No summer is complete without at least one beach day, even at a lake!

Blessings!

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Belle. I thought so too. I agree, Cucki. Thanks for stopping by!! And you, Julie. It's great to "see" you here!! I wish I could afford to, Kathy. Ah well, maybe after I finish school, I'll have the time and ability to do so.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for joining in the fun Julie (and Julie!).

To recreate the beach just get a bag of sand, open it and it will get into everything all by itself just like on the beach LOL.

mdgtjulie said...

LOL, thanks for the tip, Jo. I, um, appreciate it. I'll (maybe) give that a try!!!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

What a lovely 'card' I love Faye Whittakers designs

mdgtjulie said...

It is lovely, Lesley. I think it's beautiful.