Pages

Followers

Copyright

All of the cross stitch on my blog is copyrighted, and the designer is listed next to the pic. Please do not ask me to share charts, as I will not do so under any circumstances. All pics of my work and text, unless otherwise stated, are copyrighted by me and cannot be used in any other written or pictorial form without my written consent. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A picture heavy update



      Mom got me some T-shirts from San Fran and they're lovely.  One purple, one green, and one kitty in black, orange, and white.  I'm trying to figure out what it says, as I have a friend who can speak some Japanese.  I'll let you know if she knows what it says.  With my mom's luck, it says F you!  I like them all.  She picked them for color and size, and she knows what colors I like, lol.  My purple and green choices have been noted!!!  (Also, the kitty is Bengal colors, even though it's not a Bengal kitty.  Whoo hoo!!!)
     I've taken quite a few pics in the last few days.  First up are some snaps of my garden.  They're almost all petunia, but you can see some Celosia and Morning Glory.  The Petunias think they are weeds the way they are growing!!  The Morning Glories have finally started blooming.  I really didn't know if they were ever gonna!!!  Anyways, you can look at all the lovely flowers as you read about what we're up to.
     I'm working on Astral Lion this week, and boy am I loving it.  First, let me say that I loved working on Bubbles.  Don't get me wrong.  I didn't dislike Bubbles at all.  BUT...  Having said that, let me now say this.  It is sooooooooooo nice to not have so many darned confetti stitches and to work on eighteen count cloth.  Bubbles was stitched over one on 28 count.  AL is stitched over one on 18 count.  Huge difference!!!!!  I love the big blocks of color too.  It's sooooooo easy to stitch like this.  But Bubbles looks better for all the confetti, so I'm not complaining.  It just sounds like I am :D 
     I went over to mom's today.  She gave me my shirts and some treats she got me.  I asked what she got me from the Ghirardelli store when she called me from San Fran, and so when she went back to get herself some, she got me some too.  I was like, Oh, just what I need.  More chocolate!!!  But I did say it, and so I took the squares home.  They are chocolate with caramel filling.  Yummy!!!  (I haven't eaten one yet.  I'm saving them for a day when I haven't had any sweets and I ate the last of the coffee cake for breakfast today.)
     I was so happy to not have to water for mom the last couple of days.  She went out to water while I was there, and it was fairly nice out (breezy down on the yard, but not up on the deck), so I went out and stitched on the deck and we talked while she watered.  She pulled off another twenty or thirty beans today.  And she's got zucchini, yellow squash, and eggplant growing.  A couple of tomatoes are almost ready, and so are some of the red peppers.  What a great salad!!!
     Yes Dear wanted to sleep with me last night, so she got herself up on my shoulder and settled down with her one paw hanging down to touch my face.  It was cute till she started kneading.  Then, not so much.  I still love her though, so it's all good.
     This weekend is IHSW, and I'm excited about it.  I have nothing to do this weekend but stitch, so hermit and stitch, I will.  Friday and Saturday will be Astral Lion, and Sunday will be Jesus.  And, speaking of Jesus the cursed, I have an update pic of him uploaded.  It's here for those who want to see.  You can see where I had to frog some of the stitches.  The other frogged area was restitched, so you can't see it.  And grrrrrrr...  Cause he really IS cursed.  I can't get anything in the right place!  Ack!!!  But I WILL finish him for my mom, BEFORE she dies.  I WILL!!!!  And I also picked up some new stash in my stash album.  My stash album is here, and I recently acquired Flower Box Cats by Vemillion Stitchery, Lavender Moon by HAED (Jessica Galbrath, I think), Tatiana by Miribilia, and Celtic Spring by L & L.  They are at the bottom of the list.  I think that's all for me tonight.  I hope y'all enjoyed the piccys!!! 
     Oh, and a quick update on Rosa.  She's now out of the hospital and back home.  She is feeling quite a bit better, and as long as her family doesn't drive her crazy, I think she'll heal well.  Thanks so much to everyone who sent a card or said a prayer.  I really appreciate it!!!

17 comments:

Christine said...

Great t shirts. I think those cats usually say luck or good fortune

Margaret said...

Great t-shirts! I think Christine is right about the cat t shirt. Your flowers are very pretty too! Being hermit-y is one of my favorite things to do! :D

Nancy said...

Love the t-shirts, especially the cat one! Hope the frogs move away on your Jesus stitch! Your flowers are so pretty, just love morning glory! Enjoy your stitchy weekend!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Nice t-shirts!

Anonymous said...

Cool t-shirts and for not having to water your moms plants. I can't wait to see the work you've done on both projects!

Joysze said...

Ooooh, I love pictures in posts and yours are awesome. Loooove your flowers. :D

Happy IHSW'ing!!

Claudette497 said...

Here's crazy for you - I was at the Japanese Friendship Garden in San Diego today and they had your cat shirt! I almost screamed right in the gift shop. It said "year of the lucky tiger" on it, which was from last Chinese New Year, but people can't read Japanese and they like the cat so the store is still selling them. (I can't read Japanese either, so it may well say "go Bengals" :P, but I swear to you it was that exact shirt!)

mdgtjulie said...

I was told it's a money kitty, but I don't know what one of those is. I need to look it up! Thanks for the info Christine!! Thanks Margaret. I think she did great too!! I love that color of Petunia. They're almost iridescent in the light. I love them!! I'm a hermit too. I almost never go anywhere!! Thanks Nancy. I love them all, lol. And I wish the frog would just forget my addy. It's amazing how quickly he found me after the move, lol. Thanks Dani. Amen!!! I'm glad she has the duty back. It's not nearly as hot this week, which doesn't bother her too much. I was just lucky that week, lol. I've gotten lots done on AL. Not as much on Jesus, but Sunday is coming, lol. Thanks Joysze. I appreciate the comment! LOL, Claudette @ Go Bengals!!! You gave me a great giggle. (It gave my mom a good giggle too!!) I believe you. She got hers close enough to San Diego that I believe it was the same. It's cute, no matter what it says!!

Tama said...

Ah! You got a Maneki Neko shirt! I am so jealous!
Your flowers look really pretty - I may be jealous of those, too :D
Congrats on your new start of Jesus - hope the stitching clears up for you as you go along!
Now I think I will go drool over your stash.

mdgtjulie said...

LOL, I took one look at it and said, "It's an anime character!" Mom was like, "Um, you know him?" I said, "No, but I recognize the anime style!!" It's apparently not hard to find one in the San Francisco area. Or San Diego either!!! Oh, dear. I hope you didn't ruin your keyboard drooling Tama!

Edgar said...

Greta shirts and I am so happy your mom enjoyed herself. Your flower look lovely and I do love morning glories!!

Kathy said...

Love the colors of your new tee shirts. And I love the flowers growing on your balcony. Very pretty.
Your weekend sounds like I hope mine will be. Quiet and lots of stitching. I need it. Just have laundry and errands and unpacking and grooming Rory and cooking dinner and the rest of the time is mine. LOL
Have a great weekend.

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Edgar. I love the Morning Glories too. They are one of my fave flowers. I have them every year, and the best thing about them is that they seed themselves, so I don't have to replant them. Sounds like you have a good weekend on tap too. I haven't stitched yet today. I'm trying to get caught up on my emails as I'm way behind on them!!

Sally said...

Love the t-shirts! Your flowers look so pretty.

Well done for restarting Jesus.

mdgtjulie said...

Thanks Sally. I'm gonna get him done. Eventually. I'm shooting for by this Christmas. I work on him on Sundays, and my mom has no idea. I've deliberately given her the impression that he frustrated me into abandoning him, lol. I stole the frame when she was in San Fransisco, so I can get it framed when I'm finished. Wish me luck!!

My 1st Bambina! said...

How nice that your mom surprised you with some goodies from her trip, Enjoy them!!!
Maybe one day I will have a small garden or perhaps start some easy veggies/herbs from pots... something to think for next year (I wanted to this year but this terrible heat started too early and my motivation faded away).
Enjoy your new additions to your stash!!!
You are a very busy stitcher!!!

mdgtjulie said...

It really was nice to be remembered. I love my garden. It's a great thing to have pretty flowers growing. Or fresh veggies. Or fresh herbs. I hope you enjoy when you do. I try to stay busy, but it doesn't always work, lol.