So first, eleven random things about me. (This is gonna be really difficult, lol.)
1.) I have trouble sleeping if I don't have at least one foot hanging off the bed. I have no idea why. I just do.
2.) I was adopted at age two weeks. I have one brother and one sister, both of who were born naturally to my parents.
3.) I almost drowned a duckling when I was a child. I put him in the pool to swim not knowing that they can't swim as babes. I couldn't jump in and get him out, so I had to get a parent to do it. They were PISSED at me.
4.) I used to dress my cat (Smokey) in doll clothes when I was a child. She did NOT like it.
5.) I'm an animal person. I like them all. Well, almost all. Regular cockroaches are not fun. (The Madagascarian Hissing ones are cool though.) Don't like wasps or bees or anything in that family. Don't kill them, but don't like them. Not a fan of flies. Otherwise, I'm good. Every thing else is cool.
6.) When I was young, about eight or so, I went out to suntan with my cousin Lee Ann. She gave me her extra sunglasses cause it was hard to read with the sun being so bright. A few minutes later, I looked at my arm and said, "Look how dark I've gotten already," in a shocked voice. She laughed and told me to take off the sunglasses. It was too funny.
7.) I'm a huge fan of the Resident Evil games. I have Zero, One, Two, Three, Four, Code Veronica X, and I really want to get Five. I need to get a XBox 360 for Five though, and I haven't yet.
8.) I'm a terrible packrat. I save almost anything that's not broken. Cause I may be able to use it later on down the road. Sometimes, I even DO use it.
9.) I'm a huge Twilight fan. For a while, I read nothing but those four books, over and over and over. (More than twenty six times in a row, y'all. Now you understand why I have a diagnosis of OCD, lol.) After twenty six, I lost count.
10.) I'm a huge chocolate fan. Except Mocha, and that's only cause I don't like coffee. Chocolate ice cream, cakes, cupcakes, chocolate candies, you name it, I've tried it. Yum!!!
11.) I have severe sleep apnea. (Sleep apnea is a disease where the sides of your bronchial tubes relax so much that they close off your throat, making it impossible for you to breathe. No O2 gets to your lungs at all. After a few seconds of no air, your body wakes up almost (you don't remember it), and you take a deep breath and fall back asleep.) In my sleep study, I was waking up... (Unbelievable) Fifty five and a half times per hour. PER HOUR!!! Almost once per minute. No wonder I was always tired!!!
Now here are the questions for Jo.
1. Watch the film first or read the book first? I prefer to see the movie first. That way, the book still has enough in it to make me interested. If I read the book first, then I get pissy with the things the movie changed, lol.
2. Which book would you most like to see made into a film? Oooooh, that's a tough one. I would like to see lots of books made into movies... I think it would be cool to see The Last Dragonlord. It's a great story about beings that are basically weredragons. They can change forms. It's a great book!!
3. Who would play you in the story of your life? I honestly have no idea. I would like to say Julia Roberts, but with my luck, it'd be Lindsy Lohan, lol.
4. What was the first live band you saw? Well, if you wanna be technical about it, the first live band I saw was Son Rise. They used to give free concerts and sing at my church. The first famous band I saw was... Van Halen, I think. I hurt my knee that day, and I was on crutches, but I was determined to go. It was a blast, and totally worth it!!
5. Who is the most famous person you have ever met? (I've only met two famous personages, so I'm gonna list them both here.) Uncle Al, giggle. He was a host of a kids TV show when I was about four. We went and met him and got our pic taken with him. There were about forty kids and Uncle Al. My brother and I loved that show. The other famous person is Santa. (He's by far the most famous person I've ever met, lol.)
6. Did you embarrass yourself by blushing/clamming up, saying something stupid? Of course not, lol. I was little, so I didn't really say anything at all. As an adult, I probably would. I'm much less sure of myself now.
7. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner or Breakfast, Dinner and Tea? or some other random names for your meals? None of the above. Dinner. I only eat one meal per day. So I just call it dinner, whenever I happen to eat it.
8. Does your family have a word for something which no-one else in the world uses? Sort of. At least, I've never heard anyone else use it. It's an obvious word, though, so if I use it, the person I'm talking to grasps the meaning immediately. It's a whatchamacallit word. My aunt started it. It's whosiwhatsit. (Pronounced who Z what's it.)
9. What is the worst job you've ever done? I don't know if Jo meant paid or unpaid, but the worst job I've ever done was picking up the apples. It was awful. We had a flowering crab apple tree in the front yard when I was little. Except the darned thing kept fruiting as well. It was supposed to flower and that's it. We had fruit everywhere. And little tiny apples would fall off and they'd lay there and rot. Someone had to pick them up before my brother cut the grass, and since my sister is allergic to bees, it always ended up being me. I can't tell you how many times I got stung picking up those darned apples. Awful!!!!
10. How did you get out of doing it? I didn't, lol. I wish I could have. They smelled, and the bees were nasty... I remember once, at age ten or so, I came downstairs, sleepwalking, and told my parents, "The apples are falling, the apples are falling, and I have to pick them all up," and then went back to bed. They thought it was funny, but for me the apples were traumatic.
11. What is the theme song to your life? Nobody Knows the Trouble I've Seen. I've had more problems because of my darned disease. I get tired of fighting it, but I'm too stubborn to give up, so here I am. And it's hopefully going to get better soon.
Now I have to tag eleven people, and ask them eleven questions. (Yes, this IS a long entry. Since I can't stitch, I have to fill my time somehow.)
1.) Thea of Gizzimomo's Stitchy Place because I really like her style, and want to hear her answers.
2.) Vicky L of Nutmegger Stitcher's Works, because she's a nice lady.
3.) Kaye over at Kitten Stitching, because I'm interested in hearing her answers.
4.) Megan over at Stitchings of an Army Wife, because now that's she's graduated, she has plenty of time. Also because I have nothing but the greatest respect for the sacrifices she and her hubby are making.
5.) Rachael, over at Come Stitch With Me just because she's a nice person.
6.) Joysze at Random Ramblings because I know she'll participate.
7.) Cheryl at Stitching My First Heaven And Earth Designs and Other Cross Stitch, because I want to hear her answers.
8.) Tammy of I Want To Do One More Stitch because I think she'll have fun with it.
9.) Shelleen over at Queen Stitcher because I like her.
10.) Alicia of The Crafty Princess because I love her stuff, and her header pic is absolutely gorgeous!!
11.) Claudette (I think) of BAP Attack because she's my funniest follower.
I hope you'll all participate, because it's fun to learn things about our friends and I love all of your blogs (among others). Now for the eleven questions you'll have to answer. Some will be easy, some harder.
1.) Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry? (If none of these are acceptable, you must choose a flavor that is!)
2.) If you could meet any famous person, living or dead, and ask them one question (ONLY ONE), who would it be and what would you ask them?
3.) What's the hardest thing you've ever done and why was it so difficult?
4.) Who did you look up to as a child, and do you still look up to them today? (This can be a parent, a rock star, an athelete, whatever. You can also list multiple people.)
5.) List the pros and cons (for you, keep it personal) of what you do for a living. If you could go back and do it again, would you do the same thing, or change it? What would you change it to, and why?
6.) What's your favorite meal? (You can say anything in response to this, including dinner, breakfast, tea, lunch, etc. It can be your fave meal of the day, or meatloaf and mashers. Up to you.)
7.) What's your favorite way to communicate your ideas to others? How often to you partake of this method of communication?
8.) What's the nicest thing you've ever done for someone you don't know?
9.) What's the number one problem with the world today?
10.) Do you like technology, or are you one of those people that only puts up with it when they have to? (By tech, I don't only mean computers. I mean smart phones and HDTV and digital radio and iPods and everything.)
11.) If you could have one perfect day, who would you see and what would you do? (Get descriptive here people. Write a paragraph or two.)
I know some of these are hard questions, but I like to know what makes people tick. So PLEASE participate, and answer the questions as well as you can. Now, I'm off to leave comments. Have fun everyone!!!